Sunday, January 4, 2009
I decided to go ahead and try to make Danica some pants. Her little body is so hard to find anything that fits, I figured I might as well go and make her some pants! I tried them out on a piece of fabric from my grandma so I know I didn't waste any if I did them wrong. They turned out cute! But, I do want to make the waist taller for her, because of the cloth diapers. Then I want to thin out the legs on the pants and I need to make them shorter by about and inch or so. Other than that, they turned out good! I can't wait to make another pair of them for her!
Friday, January 2, 2009
I have been thinking lately at how I can cut down on my spending. I have lots of extra fabric, and was given some PUL. I decided to go ahead and make myself a cloth pad. I used one layer of microfiber towel for the soaker, and then attached that to the pink flannel. Then I sewed the soaker to the pad part of the pink flannel. I then sewed the wings part as well. Inside the pad is a layer of PUL so that it is leak-proof. I topstitched around the whole thing so I know that everything is in place. I believe this turned out pretty well. I'm hesistant about using it, but I figure if I save some money, then it's well worth it. Also, even if I just use them at home then I know I've saved some money.
Here is where I got my pattern from...
Thursday, January 1, 2009
I was looking back through my diapers that Erin gave me that Isaac has now outgrown. My, the sewing skills have improved. As you can tell, the white diaper is my very first diaper I had ever made. I couldn't even wait for my touchtape to come in, so I went to the store and picked up some velcro. (I will never use velcro again) The red diaper is my Play-Doh diaper that is below. It is just the center of it.
It's just amazing to see how you can improve if you just keep trying. I love making the diapers for my daughter. It's fun, and it's my relaxation. Plus, the more I do it, the better I get at it. Hopefully I will get even better at making them.
I went to a rummage sale this past summer and found this awesome t-shirt to make a diaper out of. I was waiting for the perfect pattern for this t-shirt, and for some time to make it. Well, when Erin forwarded me the Tighty Whitey Hipsters pattern, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make this diaper. It turned out great! I can't wait to put her in this diaper and take pictures so people can see how it looks on her. I might go to my local thrift store or Goodwill to see what else I can find from old t-shirts. I absolutely love this pattern!