Sunday, April 12, 2009
Here are the rest of my pillow case dresses I made. On two of them I just turned the top down to make a casing, but I used bias tape on the one of them. For the ties I used bias tape as well, but though to do a couple threads of yard for the other one that was reddish in color. They all turned out really cute. I also put a picture of Danica wearing hers as well. We went to the Science Center, and I got compliments from mothers there. They really liked her dress, and when I told them I made it they were shocked. If I make Danica another one, I am not going to make it so long, and then I am going to make the top go down just a bit, so it's not so close to her throat. I'm hoping by this summer it will fit her better. Then, if she doesn't grow much waist wise, I am hoping it will fit her again next summer.
Friday, April 10, 2009
I decided to make some pillow case dresses to help out a friend of mine who is sending them to Africa. I have one made, and it's the white dress with pink on the bottom. I have two others that are needing to be sewed together. If you want to know more about Little Dresses for Africa, click here.
I couldn't resist, I had to make one for Danica. Although, I didn't use a pillow case, I used just plain cotton material for her, and sewed it up like a pillow, and then made it. I got both of these dresses done in about an hour and a half. Not too bad. Tomorrow I will have Danica wear the dress, and I will post more pictures of her in it.
Monday, April 6, 2009
I got some of this sweet fabric from Sarah. It's very metallic looking, but is soft on the inside. Well, I've been wanting for some time to make Danica a pair of shoes that are like the Robeez Shoes. Because, let's just say it, those shoes are so expensive! I bought her some on craigslist for $4 a piece, and that was a bargain!
I knew that I could make these, I just had to figure out how. So I got my fabric all cut out, and voila! I must say I think I did a pretty good job for the first time! The shoe has two soles, the bottom sole is yellow fleece, lined with a white suede cloth. The top of the fabric is that metallic color lined with white suede cloth. The heel is also that metallic fabric, but instead I lined it with orange suede cloth to spice it up a bit. There's a lot of layering in this shoe, but I hope that it will hold up for a while with all of it.
Now, off to make shoe #2! I have only made one so far. But Danica has two feet so I better get sewing! I will update with a picture of her in these later on!