Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Tighty Whitey Hipsters!



So, Erin gave me a new free diaper pattern to try, and I love it! It is called Tighty Whitey Hipsters.

Here is the link... http://www.flickr.com/photos/flutteringby/sets/72157609486548657/detail/

I have so many t-shirts to make diapers out of. Here is one that I did last night to give the pattern a try, and it turned out great!

The diaper is made out of an old t-shirt that Jake and I never wore, so I figured why not make it into a diaper, and Danica can have a use out of it. The top and bottom layer are of the t-shirt. I have a hidden inner layer of fleece in the t-shirt, and it makes it quite thick for a good fitted diaper. There is also a hidden soaker with the hidden layer of fleece. In the directions it says to serge around the soaker. Well, my serger needs re-threaded, and I don't know how to do it, so I just zigzagged around it. After I was all done with pinning and sewing, I topstitched the whole thing front and back, except for around the elastic.

Then I snapped the snaps in place, and the diaper was done. I think the next time I am going to do hidden snaps to try it out and see how it works. I don't really mind my snaps to be showing, but I want to try it out, since I never have tried it out yet.

2 comments:

Erynn said...

That was fast. How does it work on Danica??

sonflowergurl said...

Hi, I am wondering if you have any idea of the sizes weight-wise for the pattern. How much does your daughter weigh, and which size did you use? My son is probably getting close to 17 pounds, so I'm trying to figure out if I need a medium or something different. Thanks!