Sunday, June 7, 2009

Three Tiered Skirt



Danica is getting to the age that she will soon be potty trained within a year or so. While I've enjoyed making her diapers, and I still will :), I know that she will be out of them soon. That is why I thought I would start to try and make her clothes now. I got this material from Sarah at www.wallypop.net. It is a lovely blue cotton print with gold sticks and snowflakes on it. It was free, and I know with snowflakes it doesn't really work for the summer, but I had to try this out. I got the idea from this pattern. I had to make my own measurements so they would fit Danica well. I haven't had a chance to try it on her yet, but will do as soon as I can tomorrow.

This skirt didn't take very long to make. I think all together it took about 2 hours or so. It was the first time I have ever made anything like this before, also the first time for me to do gathering. EEEEKKKK!!!! But I think I did okay! I did see one flaw, one of the seams didn't match up together, but that is only ONE out of three layeres of material. I know that I would like to try this pattern again for Danica. I have other things that I would like to try out first though. I will post a picture of her in this skirt sometime tomorrow, so I can see how it fits her.

No comments: